Well, the week wrapped up with quite an effort the last two days to get everything done for my first wedding cake. It was a great experience learning how to keep the cakes level and how to assemble all four layers so that they would hold up and be sturdy. The flowers were finished and brushed with color and put on the cake at the end. Fondant was also brushed with powdered color and used to make the lace appliques that were put around the base of the cake. I had quite a bit of work to do and it was very fun. I will be able to use these techniques in all of my cakes in the future. We then moved the 60 pound cake into its location for a photo shoot and then took it all apart. Here are some photos of the cake and the flowers we used for decoration…..all edible.
It was an incredible experience and I am very grateful to my teacher, Marda Stoliar and her patience with me. Now it is back to Wyoming and the preparations for opening the bakery.